Monday, May 4, 2009

Is face book safe? follow up?

while i received a ton of great answers when I asked is face book safe I am still a little unclear. While I understand I can set my page to privet and not join net works is it true anyone can see your age, location and school even if your page is privet just by searching your name? Also I know you can cancel an account but if you log back in the account is activated. This tells me that even if the account is canceled anyone can still pull up the information i have already posted. This is safe how??

Is face book safe? follow up?
Facebook is safe.


It just depends on how you use it.


If you set your page and pictures to friends only,


the only people who can see them are whoever you


give permission.Also hide the personal information


that you find personal,and nobody but you can see it!


And no that isn't true about how everyone can see...


everything.haha sorry if i re-wrote anything you already said.


hope this helps!
Reply:yup, everything meagiie said - it depends on how you use it. you can set up your account to not display your age, location, %26amp; school - ppl cannot find that information by searching your name if you set it up so that they can't.





I actually think facebook is very safe. I think they take safety very seriously, %26amp; in my personal opinion, of all the social networking sites, I think it is the safest. (though maybe not the most user-friendly when trying to navigate your way around setting up your privacy settings).





About cancelling the account, I believe it is deactivated until you login again - so no one can see your information unless you log in again. (but to be sure, I would e-mail the facebook ppl %26amp; see what they say). even so, I agree - I don't like that either. I don't think that makes it unsafe, but I think if you want to cancel something, it should be cancelled; it shouldn't be stored somewhere on a database, waiting for you to perhaps change your mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment